We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 3 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
This easy version of a classic Chinese dish is short on work but long on taste. Pass out the chopsticks and enjoy homemade Peking Chicken. Yes, the flavors of Asia are as close as our own kitchens!
What You'll Need
- 1 scallion (green onion), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine scallion, soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, ginger, sugar, and pepper; mix well. Add chicken chunks and toss to coat completely. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade, and cook chicken in batches 8 to 10 minutes, or until crispy on all sides and no pink remains.
- This chicken would pair perfectly with a side of our Anytime Fried Rice.
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)