Pepper Jack Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know that pounding the chicken to an even thickness and then broiling it makes the chicken cook really fast? You can have this cheesy chicken dish ready in a flash. And we're all for that! We call it Pepper Jack Chicken 'cause the cheese gives it a little kick, but you can use whatever cheese you like best!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
What to Do
- Preheat oven to Broil. Combine 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, cheese, and next 4 ingredients, stirring well. Set aside.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Brush both sides of chicken lightly with remaining 1 tablespoon mayonnaise; place chicken on lightly greased rack in a broiler pan.
- Broil 5-1/2 inches from heat 5 minutes on each side. Spread cheese mixture evenly over chicken; broil 5 more minutes or until mixture is browned.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 197
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 2.5g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 26g 52 %
- Cholesterol 87mg 29 %
- Sodium 231mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 1.5g 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.1g 1 %
- Sugars 0.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.