Rosemary Chicken and Wild Rice Skillet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With a combo like chicken and wild rice, you can't go wrong! The rosemary and garlic give this easy chicken skillet an extra burst of flavor, taking this Rosemary Chicken and Wild Rice Skillet from ordinary to extraordinary.
What You'll Need
- 1 (6.2-ounce) package fast-cooking long-grain and wild rice
- 5 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 2 teaspoons prepared minced garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
What to Do
- Remove seasoning packet from rice. Sprinkle chicken with 1-1/2 tablespoons seasoning mixture. Reserve remaining seasoning mixture.
- Combine flour, rosemary, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to skillet; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium heat; add carrots, onion, and garlic, and saute 2 minutes. Add water and broth; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and reserved seasoning mixture; top with chicken. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove from heat, and place chicken on serving plates. Add spinach to rice mixture, and stir until spinach wilts. Serve chicken with rice mixture.