Weeknight Pesto Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Take the stress out of dinnertime by preparing our easy Weeknight Pesto Chicken! This simple chicken dinner recipe is made with some pretty basic ingredients, but packs in a whole lot of flavor. The best part is that it looks like something that took hours to make (We won't tell if you don't!).
What You'll Need
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; saute chicken 8 to 10 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- Place a slice of cheese over each chicken breast, spoon 2 tablespoons pesto over cheese, and top each with a tomato slice. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over top.
- Cover skillet and heat 2 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and cheese is melted.
If you've got an extra 5 minutes or so and would like to make your own pesto sauce, check out our recipe for Fresh Pesto Sauce!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.