Santa Fe Chicken Tostadas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Some folks say that tostadas are like open-faced tacos. Others say they're individual Mexican pizzas. I think they're all right. What about you?
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1 pound total)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (1¼ ounces) dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 six-inch tostadas (see Note)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2 scallions, sliced
What to Do
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the water and taco seasoning; reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the black beans and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the tostadas, top with the chicken mixture, and sprinkle with the scallions. Serve immediately.
If ready-made tostadas aren't available, place six 6-inch corn tortillas on baking sheets in a single layer and bake in a 375 degree F oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until crisp.