Shortcut Chicken Cacciatore
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Restaurant versions of chicken cacciatore usually use about 20 ingredients and have complicated instructions. With our Shortcut Chicken Cacciatore, you get the tastes of this classic Italian dish without all the fuss.
What You'll Need
- 1 large onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups thinly sliced red and/or green bell peppers
- 1 (2-1/2- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces (see Notes)
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
What to Do
- Cut onion in half then into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onion, mushrooms, and peppers for 3 to 4 minutes, or until just tender.
- Remove vegetables to a medium bowl, leaving any remaining oil in the pot.
- In the same pot, saute chicken pieces on both sides for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Return sauteed vegetables to pot. Add spaghetti sauce and water; mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 30 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
If you want to pep up your Cacciatore, maybe add 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or garlic powder, or turn up the heat with 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper. The seasonings you add should depend on what kind of spaghetti sauce you use. Make your own adjustments. Also, remove the skin from the raw chicken, if desired.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Calories 858
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 39g 60 %
- Saturated Fat 6.7g 34 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 95g 191 %
- Cholesterol 268mg 89 %
- Sodium 3,035mg 126 %
- Total Carbohydrates 33g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 10 %
- Sugars 18g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.