Skillet Shepherd's Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This delicious old-fashioned-tasting recipe for Shepherd's Pie is made in a snap in a skillet, using today's shortcuts. The result? The "stick-to-their ribs" heartiness they're expecting, without a lot of work for us!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (see below)
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups hot mashed potatoes (see below)
What to Do
In a large skillet, combine all the ingredients except the potatoes over high heat; mix well.
- Cook 5 to 8 minutes, or until heated through, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and dollop with the potatoes. Serve immediately.
Make it even easier by using packaged pre-cooked sliced chicken and instant mashed potatoes.
- Want even more "Quick & Easy" dinner recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Fuss-Free Meals: 35 Simple Skillet Recipes and One-Pot Recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 473
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19g 29 %
- Saturated Fat 9.0g 45 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 31g 63 %
- Cholesterol 91mg 30 %
- Sodium 999mg 42 %
- Total Carbohydrates 45g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.3g 25 %
- Sugars 6.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!