Tropical Chicken and Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Imagine yourself under the palm trees with a cool drink in hand. Now, go make Tropical Chicken and Pasta and feel your dreams come true!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained with 1/3 cup juice reserved
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 medium bell peppers (2 red and 2 yellow), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pound linguine, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped macadamia nuts
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, the brown sugar, gingerroot, and reserved pineapple juice; mix well. Add the chicken, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil over high heat. Add the bell peppers and onions, and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken and marinade, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken. Remove 1/4 cup sauce to a small bowl; add the cornstarch, mix well then return the sauce to the skillet. Stir in the pineapple and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through and the sauce is thickened.
- Toss with the cooked linguine, sprinkle with macadamia nuts, and serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!