Tropical Chicken and Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Imagine yourself under the palm trees with a cool drink in hand. Now, go make Tropical Chicken and Pasta and feel your dreams come true!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained with 1/3 cup juice reserved
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 medium bell peppers (2 red and 2 yellow), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pound linguine, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped macadamia nuts
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, the brown sugar, gingerroot, and reserved pineapple juice; mix well. Add the chicken, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil over high heat. Add the bell peppers and onions, and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken and marinade, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken. Remove 1/4 cup sauce to a small bowl; add the cornstarch, mix well then return the sauce to the skillet. Stir in the pineapple and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through and the sauce is thickened.
- Toss with the cooked linguine, sprinkle with macadamia nuts, and serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.