Slow Cooked Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll feel like a pioneer when you make this Slow Cooked Chili recipe. That's because you've never had anything like this thick and chunky chili. Talk about hearty and comforting, too!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck or round, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 (15-1/2-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
What to Do
- In a 4 quart or larger slow cooker, combine all ingredients except salsa; mix well. Cover and cook on high setting 5 to 5-1/2 hours, or on low setting 8 to 9 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- Just before serving, stir in the salsa; cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
Top off each bowl of chili with any or all of these: shredded Cheddar cheese, diced onion, and a dollop of sour cream.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a no-bake homemade dessert that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer weather months? Then have to try our Blueberry-Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches! Not only will this fresh-tasting dessert keep your kitchen cool, but it's got some supermarket-shortcuts to make it less hassle too!