Slow Cooked Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll feel like a pioneer when you make this Slow Cooked Chili recipe. That's because you've never had anything like this thick and chunky chili. Talk about hearty and comforting, too!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck or round, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 (15-1/2-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
What to Do
- In a 4 quart or larger slow cooker, combine all ingredients except salsa; mix well. Cover and cook on high setting 5 to 5-1/2 hours, or on low setting 8 to 9 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- Just before serving, stir in the salsa; cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
Top off each bowl of chili with any or all of these: shredded Cheddar cheese, diced onion, and a dollop of sour cream.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One of the great thing about Brussels sprouts, is how many wonderful and versatile ways we can cook 'em up. Have you ever tried them pickled? Well, now's the time, with our Pickled Brussels Sprouts recipe! It's got the perfect combo of seasonings, along with just the right amount of tanginess! Chill 'em, serve 'em, and devour 'em!