Slow Cooked Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll feel like a pioneer when you make this Slow Cooked Chili recipe. That's because you've never had anything like this thick and chunky chili. Talk about hearty and comforting, too!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck or round, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 (15-1/2-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
What to Do
- In a 4 quart or larger slow cooker, combine all ingredients except salsa; mix well. Cover and cook on high setting 5 to 5-1/2 hours, or on low setting 8 to 9 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- Just before serving, stir in the salsa; cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
Top off each bowl of chili with any or all of these: shredded Cheddar cheese, diced onion, and a dollop of sour cream.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.