Cheesy Cornbread & Chili Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chili and cornbread together at last! We've combined these two favorites in a casserole that is so good, no matter how full you are, you'll be saying "just one more bite!"
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (16-ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8-1/2-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
What to Do
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; saute onion and garlic 5 minutes, or until tender. Add ground beef and brown 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains; drain off excess liquid. Add remaining ingredients except muffin mix and cheese; mix well. Cover and simmer over low heat 20 to 25 minutes, or until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon chili into prepared baking dish. Prepare muffin mix as directed on package; stir in cheese. Spread mixture over chili.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cornbread topping comes out clean. Cool slightly and serve.
If you like your chili spicier, simply add more chili powder!
- Check out our latest cookbook, Just One More Bite, filled with irresistible recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.