Southern-Style Fish Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everyone has a chili recipe, but not like this one, they don't! And with everybody into fish 'cause it's lighter, they'll reach for seconds and maybe for thirds and fourths!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds white-fleshed fish fillets (such as cod, haddock, or sole), thawed if frozen, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (1 pound) red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
What to Do
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven, sauté the onion, green pepper, and garlic in butter until onion is tender; do not let it brown. Stir in the salt, chili powder, oregano, and pepper. Add the kidney beans, tomatoes, and tomato paste.
- Heat until simmering, stirring occasionally. Add the fish, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer gently for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a twist on boring old salads? Our South-of-the-Border BBQ Chicken Salad is going to be a flavor loaded way to chow down on something light. This BBQ chicken salad recipe is simple, fast, and insanely delicious. One bit and you'll know what we mean!
- Cafeteria-Style Chili
- Cheesy Cornbread & Chili Bake
- Italian-Style Chili Pot
- Smokin' BBQ Chili
- White House Chili
- 6 Easy Chili Recipes With Ground Beef
- World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love
- Easy Chili Recipes: Top 4 Slow Cooker Chili Recipes
- Southwest Sausage Chili
- My Tailgating Chili