Southwest Sausage Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Not all chili is created equal, and our recipe for Southwest Sausage Chili is one that proves our point! It's loaded with some Southwestern favorites, like bright kernel corn, salsa, and flavorful sausage. This is one you'll want to include in your lineup of tasty, hearty dishes.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 (16-ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/3 cups salsa
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook sausage and onion, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer uncovered 12 minutes, or until heated through, stirring often.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings, like chopped scallions and sour cream.
- How about topping off this delicious meal with our Apple Burritos!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 342
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 11g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 3.8g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 27g 54 %
- Cholesterol 34mg 11 %
- Sodium 1,711mg 71 %
- Total Carbohydrates 37g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.5g 34 %
- Sugars 9.5g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It just doesn't get more refreshing than watermelon pops in the summer! Plus, watermelon is a great fruit to help keep you hydrated when the sun is blazing overhead. We like to add a little bit of something extra to our Fruity Watermelon Pops by mixing in chopped berries or fresh mint! Yum!