Turkey and Black Bean Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Make your next tailgating party a little different by offering this change-of-pace Turkey and Black Bean Chili.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breast (see Note)
- 1 medium-sized onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt; cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in beans and chicken broth.
- In a small bowl, combine picante sauce and cornstarch. Add to saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until thickened.
For the leanest and healthiest Turkey and Black Bean Chili, be sure to use ground turkey breast and not regular ground turkey.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.