Turkey and Black Bean Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Make your next tailgating party a little different by offering this change-of-pace Turkey and Black Bean Chili.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breast (see Note)
- 1 medium-sized onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt; cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in beans and chicken broth.
- In a small bowl, combine picante sauce and cornstarch. Add to saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until thickened.
For the leanest and healthiest Turkey and Black Bean Chili, be sure to use ground turkey breast and not regular ground turkey.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This homemade butter recipe is just what you need to bring a little country warmth into the kitchen at breakfast. Our Summer's Best Peach Butter is a sweet and creamy spread that will melt perfectly into warm biscuits. And since it's a slow cooker recipe, you just set it and come home saying "yum".