White House Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's the secret ingredient to turning out President Obamas favorite chili recipe? It's that tangy splash of red wine vinegar! Enjoy White House Chili at your house, just as the Obamas are said to like it; over rice with all the go-alongs!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground basil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
What to Do
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, green pepper, and garlic and saute 5 minutes, or until soft. Add beef and continue cooking 5 to 6 minutes, or until meat is browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, or until tomatoes are cooked down.
This is equally delicious served as-is or over white or brown rice. Any way at all, we recommend putting out the usual go-alongs like shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped onion, and sour cream.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you've got fresh peaches, it only takes a few ingredients to make something spectacular. This easy pie recipe is a slice of Southern heaven and best served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Everyone will be dreamy-eyed with full bellies when you serve our Peachy Keen Cream Pie.