We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe is always a big hit! Our White Chili recipe mixes delicious flavors with ease and is lighter than a beef chili, so it often tops our list of favorites.
What You'll Need
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chilies, undrained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 3 (15.8-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, divided
What to Do
In a Dutch oven, cook onions in oil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
Add green chilies, garlic, cumin, oregano, and ground red pepper; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
Add chicken broth, chicken, beans, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring often. Stir in 2 cups cheese; cook until cheese melts.
To serve, ladle chili into individual soup bowls. Top evenly with remaining cheese and serve immediately.
Serve with sour cream, salsa, and chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, so everyone can fix theirs the way they like it best!
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.