Banana Blueberry Smoothie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Enjoy our refreshing Banana Blueberry Smoothie as an on-the-go breakfast, a satisfying brunch beverage, or a creamy afternoon pick-me-up. You can't go wrong with this one!
What You'll Need
- 2 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3 cups ice cubes
What to Do
- In a blender, combine bananas, blueberries, and yogurt until smooth.
- Add ice cubes and blend until crushed and well combined. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Rise 'n' Shine Tips
If you think your morning cup of caffeine-loaded coffee is enough to energize you, think again! Nothing replaces breakfast, whether you eat it at the table or on the go.
Research shows that, if we start the day on empty, we tend to overeat later in the day. What types of food should we look for in our morning meal?
- Fruit is a powerhouse! Have one of your favorites, whether it’s an apple, orange, pear, maybe a bunch of seedless grapes. They’re an easy way to get a fresh start.
- Another choice is anything made from whole grains, from cereal to bread, or even a cereal bar. They’re rich in that much-needed fiber, plus the carbs in fruit and whole grains can aid our memory and concentration.
- Healthy, calcium-rich bone-building dairy food like low-fat string cheese and yogurt are also portable options that don’t require any fussing in the kitchen.
For smoothie lovers who want to combine a few of these tasty options and sip their way to becoming energized, this Banana-Blueberry Smoothie or any of your other favorites will give your day a great start!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Easy Cheesy Cottage Pie requires just a few ingredients and you can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes. Seriously! It doesn't get much better than a traditional cottage pie recipe that you can make in a snap. Plus, this cottage pie recipe uses simple family-favorite ingredients, so the whole gang is sure to love it.