Chicken Fried Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's pork fried rice, veggie fried rice, and shrimp fried rice, so why wouldn't we want another tasty variation on one of our favorite Chinese takeout items? Our Chicken Fried Rice has everything you want and cooks up in just 15 minutes!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
What to Do
- In a large skillet or wok over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add eggs and stir to scramble 1 to 2 minutes, or until fluffy; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and heat. Stir in chicken, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Add rice and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes. Add peas and carrots, scallions, soy sauce, and eggs to skillet and cook 5 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. .