Chocolate Meatball Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you grew up in an Italian household or had friends who did, then you're probably familiar with "meatball cookies." For those of you who aren't, a meatball cookie is just an Italian cookie that's shaped like a meatball. Our Chocolate Meatball Cookies are a great addition to any holiday cookie platter and can spark up some fun conversation!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, the cinnamon, ground cloves, baking powder, and baking soda; mix well. In a large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, and vanilla until blended. Gradually add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating until thoroughly combined. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Let cool 3 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk Icing ingredients until smooth. Dip cookies into icing and let set until icing hardens.
If you like our Chocolate Meatball Cookies, then you should check out our recipe for Italian Christmas Cookies!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Calories 92
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 2.2g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 1.3g 3 %
- Cholesterol 9.1mg 3 %
- Sodium 63mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 14g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 6.7g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It just doesn't get more refreshing than watermelon pops in the summer! Plus, watermelon is a great fruit to help keep you hydrated when the sun is blazing overhead. We like to add a little bit of something extra to our Fruity Watermelon Pops by mixing in chopped berries or fresh mint! Yum!