Italian Christmas Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 36 (about 3 dozen)
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
What's a cookie platter or exchange without a few Italian Christmas Cookies? Well, you'll be all set with these easy-to-make, fun-to-decorate, everybody-loves 'em favorites.
What You'll Need
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon or almond extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Rainbow sprinkles and decorating sugar for topping (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, oil, milk, salt, extract, lemon juice, and eggs. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until cookies are set but not brown. Let sit 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Dip tops of cooled cookies in glaze and place on wire rack then immediately decorate as desired.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- If you want to decorate your cookies with multiple colors, separate glaze into smaller bowls and mix in food colors one drop at a time until reaching desired colors. If you want to add a flavor to your glaze, add a drop of your favorite extract.
- Italian Christmas Cookies are so cute when decorated, which is why they make great gifts any time of the year. Wrap a few in a pretty gift bag and pass 'em out to your loved ones or sale them at a bake sale. You can even send them in the mail with these tips on how to mail & store cookies.
- Even though these are called Italian Christmas Cookies, we love to make them year-round. They're great for Easter, potlucks, and birthday parties.
- Looking for more Christmas cookie recipes? Then be sure to check out our Christmas Cookie Countdown with 25 different cookie recipes.
- Be sure to download your free copy of our eCookbook, 12 Days of Christmas Cookies II, with for some more easy cookie recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Calories 179
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 1.0g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.4g 5 %
- Cholesterol 11mg 4 %
- Sodium 76mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This one is pure comfort food heaven! Our hearty Cheesy Bacon Pierogi Bake is bursting with creamy texture and smoky flavor! This stick-to-your-ribs favorite doubles as both a main dish, or as a cheesy go-along. No matter how you serve this up, this all-in-one dish is perfect for any occasion!