Italian Christmas Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 36 (about 3 dozen)
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
What's a cookie platter or exchange without a few Italian Christmas Cookies? Well, you'll be all set with these easy-to-make, fun-to-decorate, everybody-loves 'em favorites.
What You'll Need
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon or almond extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Rainbow sprinkles and decorating sugar for topping (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, oil, milk, salt, extract, lemon juice, and eggs. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until cookies are set but not brown. Let sit 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Dip tops of cooled cookies in glaze and place on wire rack then immediately decorate as desired.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- If you want to decorate your cookies with multiple colors, separate glaze into smaller bowls and mix in food colors one drop at a time until reaching desired colors. If you want to add a flavor to your glaze, add a drop of your favorite extract.
- Italian Christmas Cookies are so cute when decorated, which is why they make great gifts any time of the year. Wrap a few in a pretty gift bag and pass 'em out to your loved ones or sale them at a bake sale. You can even send them in the mail with these tips on how to mail & store cookies.
- Even though these are called Italian Christmas Cookies, we love to make them year-round. They're great for Easter, potlucks, and birthday parties.
- Looking for more Christmas cookie recipes? Then be sure to check out our Christmas Cookie Countdown with 25 different cookie recipes.
- Be sure to download your free copy of our eCookbook, 12 Days of Christmas Cookies II, with for some more easy cookie recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Calories 179
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 1.0g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.4g 5 %
- Cholesterol 11mg 4 %
- Sodium 76mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!