Chocolate Nut Rugelach
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chocolate Nut Rugelach is an easy bakery-style pastry that is packed with chocolatey flavor! The chocolate hazelnut filling is what keeps everyone coming back for seconds.
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut filling (like Nutella), warmed for easier spreading
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
What to Do
- In a large bowl, cream 1/3 cup sugar, butter, and cream cheese. Mix in flour, cocoa, salt, and vanilla, stirring to make a soft dough. Add a little flour, as necessary, if dough is too sticky. Wrap in plastic and chill 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide dough in half. Place half back in refrigerator until ready to use.
- On a well-floured cutting board, roll dough into a 10-inch circle. Cut dough into 16 pie-shaped wedges. Spread chocolate hazelnut filling over dough. Repeat with remaining dough.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; mix well. Sprinkle over filling. Top with pecans. Roll up each wedge starting from wide end and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes, or until firm. Let cool, then store in an airtight container.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Calories 128
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 3.6g 18 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 1.4g 3 %
- Cholesterol 11mg 4 %
- Sodium 59mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 12g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 9.1g 0 %