Easter Egg Nests
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These Easter Egg Nests are sure to get a big "thumbs-up!" from the kids. Let them help make these little coconut cookies with their thumbprints to create perfect edible baskets. Fill these cute Easter desserts with holiday jelly beans, and the kids are in for tons of tasty fun! These easy Easter desserts would make the perfect treat after an egg hunt, or the perfect sweet surprise on Easter Sunday morning. And if you display these Easter cookies on your dessert table for your big Easter celebration, they're sure to be the talk of the party!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 drops yellow food color
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 36 jellybeans
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar, egg, vanilla, and food color with an electric beater on medium speed until well blended. Beat in flour until smooth then fold in coconut.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Flour your thumb and make an indentation in the center of each cookie to create a "nest."
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are golden. Remove from oven and gently push 2 jelly beans into each nest. Let nests cool slightly on baking sheets then remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Makes about 18 small nests.
- If you love these cute Easter desserts, then don't miss out on our entire collection of 25 Easy Easter Dessert Recipes!