We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 45 (about 4 dozen)
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 7 Min
"Stamp" some fun into your baking with our recipe for Fossil Cookies! These "fossilized" slice 'n' bake sugar cookies are sure to be a hit with anyone who thinks dinosaurs are great, or who just really loves a simple sugar cookie recipe.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
What to Do
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly beat into butter mixture.
- Place dough in center of a sheet of plastic wrap with about a 2-inch diameter and shape into log. Wrap tightly and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut dough into 1/4-inch slices and place on baking sheets. Press a dinosaur toy foot into each cookie. (See Note) Brush imprint of foot with cocoa powder.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes, or until golden around edges. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- You can use a small toy dinosaur to make an authentic-looking footprint on your cookies, or a raw pasta shell to make an imprint.
- Do you love the taste of sugar cookies as much as we do around here? Then you've gotta try our Cookie Peach Cobbler -- it's delicious!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 45
- Calories 86
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 2.6g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 1.1g 2 %
- Cholesterol 15mg 5 %
- Sodium 80mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 4.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!