Frosty Cherry Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Every Christmas, Susan from Merrimac, Wisconsin gets together with her friend to bake all day long. This recipe is one of her favorites and she's been making it for 15 years!
What You'll Need
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup crushed oven toasted rice cereal
- 1/2 cup candied red cherries, cut into quarters
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and 1 cup sugar. Stir in egg and almond extract. Stir in flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder; mix well. Add cereal and cherries and mix well.
- Place remaining sugar in a shallow dish. Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls. Roll in sugar to coat and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until bottoms of cookies are lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Calories 44
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4g 2 %
- Saturated Fat 0.8g 4 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 0.4g 1 %
- Cholesterol 6.0mg 2 %
- Sodium 44mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 7.7g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.1g 0 %
- Sugars 5.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our festive Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts are the perfect combo of salty and sweet for the holidays. Made with a variety of your favorite nuts, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and just enough cayenne to give it a good kick, this recipe is sure to disappear by the handful! And, not only is it a great snack when family visits during Christmas, but it's also the perfect goodie to send in the mail, for those who can't be with you this season.