Meringue Coconut Macaroons
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We took two holiday favorites, meringues and macaroons and combined them to make a sweet confection like no other: Meringue Coconut Macaroons! The light and airy meringue texture paired with the sweet taste of the coconut gives this cookie a winning taste!
What You'll Need
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup shredded coconut
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat egg whites and vanilla with an electric beater until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and cocoa, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in shredded coconut. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes until puffy and firm; cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Love this easy cookie recipe? Be sure to check out the rest of the holiday cookies we've featured in our 2014 Christmas Cookie Countdown!