We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These Molasses Crackle cookies feature some of your favorite old-fashioned holiday flavors. Classic and delicious, these cookies are real crowd-pleasers at a Christmas cookie swap!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 3/4 cup sugar plus cup for rolling
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; let cool. Add remaining ingredients except 1/2 cup sugar for rolling; mix well by hand. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll dough into 1/2-inch balls, then roll in granulated sugar and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute, then carefully remove to wire racks. Cookies will harden as they cool.
Love this easy cookie recipe? Be sure to check out the rest of the holiday cookies we've featured in our 2015 Christmas Cookie Countdown!