Frosted Nutmeg Sticks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Frosted Nutmeg Sticks are the perfect companion for your coffee this holiday season! When it comes to Christmas cookie recipes, these are the best of the best; when it comes to seasonal flavors, our sweet and creamy cookies, topped with festive nutmeg, are just what Santa was hoping for!
What You'll Need
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and rum and vanilla extracts; mix well. Add flour and 1-1/4 teaspoons nutmeg: mix well.
- Shape dough into logs about 3-inches by 1/2-inch long and place on baking sheets 2-inches apart. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat Frosting ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Frost each log then drag the tines of a fork through the frosting to create design (See Photo). Sprinkle with additional nutmeg.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!