Twisted Chocolate Pretzel Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pretzels, chocolate, and ice cold milk...it's an interesting combination that really works. Wait till you try it in our Twisted Chocolate Pretzel Cookies!
What You'll Need
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, separated
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 6 to 7 sugar cubes, coarsely crushed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cocoa; set aside. In a large bowl, beat together butter, granulated and brown sugars, vanilla, egg yolk, and milk until blended. Gradually blend in flour mixture until smooth. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 4 even pieces and divide each quarter into 8 even pieces. Roll each piece on a lightly floured board with the palm of your hand until approximately 8" long. Twist each into a pretzel shape. Place 1" apart on a baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray. Lightly beat egg white and brush it over the "pretzels" then sprinkle with the crushed sugar cubes.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, until cookies are firm when lightly touched. Let cool slightly then remove to a wire rack.
Prefer pretzel sticks to pretzel twists? Go ahead and shape them however you'd like...they'll still have the same fun flavor.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Calories 88
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 2.9g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 1.1g 2 %
- Cholesterol 17mg 6 %
- Sodium 42mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 5.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your grandma's old-fashioned spaghetti. While grandma's traditional pasta is always delicious, sometimes we want to try something new. Our California Dreaming Pasta Toss is one of the best pasta recipes you've never heard about. The butter, walnuts, and spinach give it a fresh flavor that will leave you feeling satisfied. Trust us, once you try it, you'll be dreaming about making it again and again.