Twisted Chocolate Pretzel Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 32 pretzel cookies
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Pretzels, chocolate, and ice cold milk...it's an interesting combination that really works. Wait till you try it in our Twisted Chocolate Pretzel Cookies!
What You'll Need:
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, separated
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 6 to 7 sugar cubes, coarsely crushed
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cocoa; set aside. In a large bowl, beat together butter, granulated and brown sugars, vanilla, egg yolk, and milk until blended. Gradually blend in flour mixture until smooth. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 4 even pieces and divide each quarter into 8 even pieces. Roll each piece on a lightly floured board with the palm of your hand until approximately 8" long. Twist each into a pretzel shape. Place 1" apart on a baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray. Lightly beat egg white and brush it over the "pretzels" then sprinkle with the crushed sugar cubes.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, until cookies are firm when lightly touched. Let cool slightly then remove to a wire rack.
Prefer pretzel sticks to pretzel twists? Go ahead and shape them however you'd like...they'll still have the same fun flavor.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How does a pita stuffed with shaved steak, sauteed peppers and onions, and finished with an ooey-gooey cheese sauce sound? We hope you said, "Pretty darn good!" 'cause that's exactly whats in this recipe for Philly Cheese Steak Pitas. This is one of the tastiest ways to stuff a pita yet.