Cheerful Cranberry Orange Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bring some cheer to your kitchen table this holiday season with these delightful Cheerful Cranberry Orange Cookies. Moist and chewy, these delicious cookies have just the right balance of tart cranberry and sweet orange flavors, but it's the orange glaze that really makes them something special. Serve these on your holiday cookie tray and you'll be rewarded with smiles all around.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped orange gumdrop candies
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat brown sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in vanilla and egg. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats, cranberries, and chopped candies.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden around edges. Cool 5 minutes then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
- In a small bowl, whisk Glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cookies.