We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 cups
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
If you've never had homemade cranberry sauce, boy, are you in for a real treat! It's a bit on the tart side, so pucker up...or add an additional 1/2 cup of sugar!
What You'll Need
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries (see Note)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve warm, or allow to cool, then cover and chill until ready to use.
- If fresh cranberries aren't available, you can use a 12-ounce package of frozen cranberries for a taste that's just as good as fresh.
- If you want to turn this into a to-die-for holiday dessert topping, let it cool and place in blender. When smooth, serve over everything from cheesecake and apple pie to brie and leftover turkey.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've only got 15 minutes to make dinner, then you're going to love this pressure cooker recipe for 15-Minute Chicken Cacciatore. This is a fast and flavor-packed version of a classic Italian dish. Your family is going to devour it!