We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 cups
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
If you've never had homemade cranberry sauce, boy, are you in for a real treat! It's a bit on the tart side, so pucker up...or add an additional 1/2 cup of sugar!
What You'll Need
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries (see Note)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve warm, or allow to cool, then cover and chill until ready to use.
- If fresh cranberries aren't available, you can use a 12-ounce package of frozen cranberries for a taste that's just as good as fresh.
- If you want to turn this into a to-die-for holiday dessert topping, let it cool and place in blender. When smooth, serve over everything from cheesecake and apple pie to brie and leftover turkey.