The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Joyful Eggnog Dippers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
During the holidays, there's nothing like a sweet treat and a mug of your favorite drink to celebrate the season. These Joyful Eggnog Dippers are biscotti cookies that will go perfectly with a mug of cocoa, a steaming cup of tea or coffee, or even (you guessed it!) a glass of eggnog. Their sweet, spiced flavor and perfect crumbly crunch will bring joy to your taste buds and have you in the holiday spirit in no time at all.
What You'll Need
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 teaspoons eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs, 1/4 cup eggnog, and the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, and the salt; gradually beat into butter mixture. Divide dough in half and place on baking sheets. Shape each portion into a 10- x 13-inch loaf. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until firm and light golden. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 325 degrees. Allow loaves to cool 5 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices and place cut-side down on baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes then turn cookies over and bake 15 more minutes, or until very crispy. Let cool.
- To make Glaze, in a small bowl, whisk confectioners’ sugar,5 teaspoons eggnog, and the rum extract if desired. Drizzle over biscotti and lightly sprinkle with nutmeg. Allow glaze to harden then store in air tight container.
Check This Out!
- For more amazing cookie recipes, check out the rest of the cookies in our 2019 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
- We love Italian sweets! Make our Cannoli Cheesecake or our Cassata Cake!
- Need a new eggnog recipe? Don't miss our Gingersnap Eggnog.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Best Ever Picnic Butter
When it comes to butter, we found a better way! Our Best Ever Picnic Butter is the perfect Memorial Day recipe because it makes everything better!