Yuletide Shortbread Logs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
'Tis the season for delicious cookies and we're starting off right with these Yuletide Shortbread Logs! Not only are these cookies easy to make, they taste like they were made by Mrs. Claus herself. This easy shortbread cookie is a sure way to boost your holiday cookie gift boxes, or your own personal cookie jar. Don't want: let's get baking!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 teaspoon for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped candied fruit
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners’ sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat granulated sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in vanilla and egg. Add flour, baking powder, and salt, beating until thoroughly blended. Spread dough evenly in ungreased 15- x 10- x 1-inch pan. Sprinkle candied fruit and nuts over dough, pressing down lightly.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until edges are light golden. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.