Key Lime Pie Cupcakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For a fun way to share tropical goodness with your friends, bake up these Key Lime Pie Cupcakes. These cupcakes are just the right amount of tart and sweet, making them oh-so-delicious. Topping them with graham cracker crumbs and a little key lime wedge is the perfect finishing touch!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- Zest of 1 key lime
- 1 (22-ounce) can key lime pie filling, divided
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 20 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, eggs, water, oil, key lime juice, and lime zest until thoroughly combined. Spoon batter evenly into paper liners.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
- Using an apple corer or paring knife, cut a hole in center of cupcakes, being sure not to cut all the way through bottom; remove center. Reserve 1/2 cup of pie filling; fill holes evenly with remaining pie filling (see Note); set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, the reserved 1/2 cup pie filling, and vanilla until creamy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth. Evenly frost cupcakes then sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Place filling in resealable plastic bag and cut off a small corner to fill cupcakes without making a mess.
- Can't find any key limes? No worries - you can use limes and lime juice with equally tasty results!
- Here's a simple key lime pie recipe that's sure to please and easy to make!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Calories 385
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 6.0g 30 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 2.1g 4 %
- Cholesterol 46mg 15 %
- Sodium 324mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 58g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 49g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One of the great thing about Brussels sprouts, is how many wonderful and versatile ways we can cook 'em up. Have you ever tried them pickled? Well, now's the time, with our Pickled Brussels Sprouts recipe! It's got the perfect combo of seasonings, along with just the right amount of tanginess! Chill 'em, serve 'em, and devour 'em!