Citrus Zest Cupcakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The zest of both a lemon and lime make these yummy Citrus Zest Cupcakes pop! With a taste akin to a sunny summer day, these cupcakes are sure to disappear fast.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (4-serving-size) package instant lemon pudding and pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) container vanilla or cream cheese frosting
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with paper baking cups.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed, combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, lime juice, oil, water, and 1 teaspoon each lime and lemon zest. Spoon batter into muffin cups filling each about 2/3 full.
Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Cover tops of cupcakes with frosting, then evenly sprinkle with remaining lemon and lime zest. Serve or cover until ready to serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Celebrate Mardi Gras with a New Orleans classic! Beignets are basically fritters, in that they're made from dough that's dropped into hot oil and deep-fried until golden and delicious. Before they're ready to be enjoyed our Mardi Gras Beignets are sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, just like they do in N'awlins!