The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 2 dozen
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
You're in for a treat when you bite into these cupcakes. Sink your teeth into chocolaty frosting and fluffy yellow cake to find a tasty surprise...creamy, rich, fudge! Our Fudge-Filled Cupcakes are fabulous!
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (16-ounce) can chocolate frosting
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on low speed, beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg until creamy.
- Place 1/4 cup chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high about 30 seconds, or until melted; stir until smooth. Beat melted chocolate into cream cheese mixture. With a spoon, stir in remaining chocolate chips; set aside.
- Fill each muffin cup two-thirds full with cake batter. Drop a heaping teaspoon of cream cheese mixture in center of batter in each cup.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in cake part comes out clean. When cooled, top cupcakes with chocolate frosting.