We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This puffy, cheesy, baked egg dish known as a strata is a rise-and-shine favorite. Whether you want something to serve on a holiday morning or any time you need a company-fancy breakfast recipe, it's sure to be an easy crowd-pleaser!
What You'll Need
- 6 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Butter 1 side of each slice of bread and arrange butter-side up in a single layer in prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well and pour over bread. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake strata for 45 minutes, or until fluffy and golden.