Barn Raising Breakfast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our hearty Amish Barn-Raising Breakfast recipe is guaranteed to give you lots of energy to start the day. This homey, country-style breakfast bake might traditionally be made in a coal or wood burning stove, but it'll bake up just fine in our own ovens, easily.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package crescent roll dough
- 1 (10-ounce) package refrigerated shredded potatoes, browned
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage and onion until browned.
Unroll dough and lay flat across bottom of baking dish. Evenly spoon sausage mixture over dough. Top with browned potatoes, 1 cup cheese, and red pepper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper; pour over red bell pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until browned and eggs are set. Let cool 5 minutes then serve.
Our Test Kitchen is big on Amish-inspired recipes for their wholesome heartiness. Why not try our Hootenanny Pancake for another tasty breakfast option!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This mouthwatering dish features an all-star summer line-up of zucchini, tomatoes, basil, garlic, and more. To say that our All-Star Zucchini is flavorful is an understatement! It's just as amazing on its own as it is served over a bed of pasta. Yum!