Garden Vegetable Hash
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our easy brunch-worthy Garden Vegetable Hash, topped with poached eggs, will make any special gathering "rise and shine" to the occasion!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 8 eggs, poached (see Poaching Pointers, below)
What to Do
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, broccoli, bell pepper, onion, salt, and black pepper. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until potatoes start to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Spoon hash onto plates and top with poached eggs.
To poach means simply to cook food gently in a liquid that's lightly boiling. Typically, plain water with a bit of white vinegar (to keep the egg whites together) is used to poach eggs.
Here's how easy it is to make poached eggs:
- In a saucepan, bring 1 to 3 inches of water to a boil. Reduce the heat enough to keep the water simmering gently.
- Break an egg into a custard cup or bowl. Holding the dish close to the water's surface, slip the egg into the water; repeat with additional eggs, one at a time.
- Cook the eggs for 3 to 5 minutes, until the whites are completely set and the yolks begin to thicken, but are not hard.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove and drain the eggs.
And for more tasty mushroom ideas, don't miss our collection of 28 Mouthwatering Mushroom Recipes!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!