Microwave Egg, Bacon 'N' Cheddar Bagel
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a great way to use those extra hard-cooked eggs you have lying around: An egg sandwich on a bagel! Let your microwave do the work, and you'll have a warm, hearty egg breakfast in no time.
What You'll Need:
- 2 strips fully cooked bacon
- 1 bagel or biscuit, split, toasted
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- Maple syrup
What To Do:
- Arrange bacon strips on bagel bottom. Arrange egg over bacon; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Top with cheese.
- Microwave on high 30 seconds until warm and cheese melts. Cover with bagel top and serve with maple syrup, as desired.
- Serve with mixed berries topped with vanilla yogurt and granola.
- Microwave ovens vary. Cook time may need to be adjusted.
- Very fresh eggs can be difficult to peel. To ensure easily peeled eggs, buy and refrigerate them a week to 10 days in advance of cooking. This brief "breather" allows the eggs time to take in air, which helps separate the membranes from the shell.
- Hard-cooked eggs are easiest to peel right after cooling. Cooling causes the egg to contract slightly in the shell.
- To peel a hard-cooked egg: Gently tap egg on countertop until shell is finely crackled all over. Roll egg between hands to loosen shell. Starting peeling at large end, holding egg under cold running water to help ease the shell off.
- Hard-cooked egg storage time: In the shell, hard-cooked eggs can be refrigerated safely up to one week. Refrigerate in their original carton to prevent odor absorption. One peeled, eggs should be eaten that day.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've got a hungry family, but not a whole lot of time, then this Quick-as-a-Wink Pasta recipe is just what you need. In about 15 minutes you can whip up this flavorful dish that's loaded with sausage, peppers, and onions. Just wait till you take your first bite!