We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whip up a simple yet tasty egg-and-potato breakfast or snack with Potato Frittata. It's quick enough to make for breakfast, but hearty enough to serve at dinner!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
What to Do
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and saute garlic 10 to 15 seconds. Add potatoes and continue cooking about 10 minutes, using a plastic spatula to turn potatoes occasionally until lightly browned.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, water, salt, pepper, and chives. Add egg mixture to browned potatoes and reduce heat to medium. As mixture begins to set, push it slightly toward center so that liquid runs to edges of skillet. Reduce heat to low and cover skillet. Allow to cook 11 to 12 minutes.
- Slide omelet out of pan onto a large plate. Invert skillet over frittata on plate and turn whole frittata over so that uncooked side is face-down in skillet. (Be careful, skillet will be hot.) Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until bottom begins to brown, and serve immediately.
Did You Know…that a frittata is an Italian version of an omelet? Frittatas are firmer than French-style omelets (the traditional type that we see more in this country) because they’re cooked slowly over low heat, and the ingredients in a frittata are generally mixed with the eggs and not folded inside.