Southern Bacon Tomato Quiche
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bacon is bigger than ever these days and our Test Kitchen made sure to add the smoky flavor of bacon bits to this colorful and flavorful Southern Bacon Tomato Quiche. It's truly easy-as-pie to make.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) bacon bits (see Note)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell (see Note)
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 medium-sized tomato, cut into 12 thin wedges
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Distribute bacon bits evenly over bottom of pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs then add the cream cheese and continue beating until mixture is smooth. Add remaining ingredients except tomato wedges and beat until combined.
- Pour mixture over bacon bits then arrange tomato wedges on top in a pinwheel pattern. Bake 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until set. Allow to cool 15 minutes before slicing into wedges.
If you're in a quiche-making mood, you might also want to try our simple version of Quiche Lorraine.
If you've got some leftover cooked bacon, this is a perfect way to use it up. Simply crumble it and you're set!
For the pie crust, you can use either refrigerated or frozen or your own homemade recipe...the choice is yours.
Looking for our Southern Broccoli Tomato Salad? You'll love it!
- We've got even more easy tomato recipes where this came from! Check out our collection of Fresh Tomato Recipes: 20 Can't-Miss Recipes with Tomatoes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
They say everything's bigger in Texas, which must be why this casserole is so big on taste! Our Texas Broccoli and Rice Casserole is creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-easy. It's perfect alongside anything from Texas brisket to your favorite chicken dinner!