Stuffed Chilies Soufflé
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chiles Rellenos, which means "stuffed chilies", is a popular dish in Mexico. The traditional dish is really tasty, so, with our busy schedules these days, I decided to keep the taste but make it into a quick soufflé instead of time-consuming individual servings.
What You'll Need
- 4 cans (4 ounces each) whole green chilies, drained, patted dry, and cut lengthwise in half
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Spread half of the chilies over the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Top with the cheese, then with the onion. Cover with the remaining chilies.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs and evaporated milk; pour over the chilies. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and bake for 18 to 20 more minutes, or until golden and set. Cool for 3 to 4 minutes before cutting and serving.
If you'd rather, shredded Cheddar cheese or even a blend of cheeses can be substituted for the Monterey Jack cheese.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.