Battered Fish Fry
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Crispy and crunchy on the outside, moist and flaky on the inside. That's the perfect battered fish fry. All you need are some French fries, or chips, as the English call them, and you're in for a treat with this Battered Fish Fry recipe!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- Peanut oil for frying
- 2 1/2 pounds cod fillets, cut into individual portions
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, water, and egg; mix well.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Dip the cod fillets into the batter, coating completely, then fry in the oil for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until the coating is golden and the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for a one-pot Classic Chicken Fricassee will make you feel good through and through. It's made to taste just like the kind you grew up eating, featuring yummy veggies like celery, onion, carrots, and mushrooms. We love it over curly noodles!