We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A bayou favorite, Blackened Catfish gets its great taste from an easy rub made with a combination of zesty seasonings. This catfish dish makes a great addition to your summer grilling line-up!
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (5- to 6-ounce) catfish fillets
What to Do
Coat a hinged grill basket with cooking spray (see Notes). Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except catfish; mix well.
Sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over both sides of catfish, patting seasoning lightly onto fish.
- Place fish in grill basket and grill fish 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until it flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.
If you don't have a grill basket, be sure to spray your grill with cooking spray before heating to help keep your fish from falling apart when you flip it.
- If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites.
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish
For more information about U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish, visit www.uscatfish.com
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What could be better on a cold winter night than a skillet supper bursting with the hearty flavors of smoked sausage and cabbage? Nothing! And few can beat the ease of our Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage. This cabbage recipe is the perfect fill-you-up one-pot meal option for chilly autumn and winter evenings. Even the pickiest members of your family won't be able to resist this classic. The hearty combination of cabbage and sausage will keep you warm and satisfied, which is one of the reasons people love cabbage and sausage dinner recipes in the winter. Oh, it's so comforting!
- Sheet Pan Maple Salmon
- Seafood-Stuffed Fish Fillets
- Country-Style Fish & Grits
- Crabmeat Stuffed Salmon
- "Not Stuffed" Stuffed Salmon
- Fresh Catch Fish Scampi
- The Ultimate Tuna Melt
- Gone Fishin: 45 Easy Fish Recipes for Salmon, Tuna, Shellfish, & More!
- Buttermilk Fish Fillets
- Bacon-Wrapped Fish Bundles