The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
A bayou favorite, Blackened Catfish gets its great taste from an easy rub made with a combination of zesty seasonings. This catfish dish makes a great addition to your summer grilling line-up!
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (5- to 6-ounce) catfish fillets
What to Do
Coat a hinged grill basket with cooking spray (see Notes). Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except catfish; mix well.
Sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over both sides of catfish, patting seasoning lightly onto fish.
- Place fish in grill basket and grill fish 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until it flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.
If you don't have a grill basket, be sure to spray your grill with cooking spray before heating to help keep your fish from falling apart when you flip it.
- If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites.
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish
For more information about U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish, visit www.uscatfish.com
Sep 13, 2017
The homemade spice rub used for this recipe works well for various types of fish - I've used this for salmon and trout with great results, and it would be fabulous all over a roast chicken! The "blackened" and "creole" style seasonings I've purchased before are mostly salt. For a smokier flavor, try this with smoked paprika!
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.