We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A bayou favorite, Blackened Catfish gets its great taste from an easy rub made with a combination of zesty seasonings. This catfish dish makes a great addition to your summer grilling line-up!
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (5- to 6-ounce) catfish fillets
What to Do
Coat a hinged grill basket with cooking spray (see Notes). Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except catfish; mix well.
Sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over both sides of catfish, patting seasoning lightly onto fish.
- Place fish in grill basket and grill fish 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until it flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.
If you don't have a grill basket, be sure to spray your grill with cooking spray before heating to help keep your fish from falling apart when you flip it.
- If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites.
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish
For more information about U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish, visit www.uscatfish.com
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't find any red sauce here! Spaghetti Carbonara is a traditional Italian dish that's made with spaghetti pasta, bacon, and cheese. It's a creamy pasta dish that's kind of addicting. Once you try our easy recipe for spaghetti carbonara, we have a feeling you'll be having it a lot more often.