Beer Battered Fish Fry
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pancake mix isn't just for breakfast, and beer isn't just for drinking. Proof of that is with our mouthwatering pub-style recipe for Beer Battered Fish Fry. You'll lure everyone to the table with this catch!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1 egg
- Peanut oil for frying
- 2 1/2 pounds white-fleshed fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix, sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, beer, and egg; mix well.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Dip fish pieces into batter, coating completely, then fry in oil 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until coating is golden and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
- You can substitute club soda for the beer, if you prefer. If batter begins to thicken, just add a bit more liquid.
- We suggest serving this with our "Grate" Carrot Salad as a refreshing side!
- Looking for even more easy fish recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Gone Fishin': 45 Easy Fish Recipes for Salmon, Tuna, Shellfish, & More!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Two of your favorite flavors come together in this delicious cake recipe. Our Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cake is topped with a fluffy layer of marshmallow creme and a creamy-smooth peanut butter frosting that's oh-so-delectable and simply irresistible!