Crazy-Good Catfish Tacos
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking to turn a good taco into a crazy good one? It’s easy. All you have to do is make sure your start off with farm-raised catfish. It’s super mild, has the perfect texture, and is so affordable. So whether you make these for a weeknight supper or for when a bunch of friends come over to watch a ball game, you can’t miss.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- CRISPY SLAW
- 3 cups Shredded coleslaw
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F. In a shallow dish, mix flour, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt. Place catfish fillets one at a time in the flour mixture, turning to coat on both sides.
- Coat the air fryer baskets with cooking spray. In batches, place fillets in the air fryer basket and also lightly spray each fillet with cooking spray. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from air fryer and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine all ingredients for slaw; toss until evenly coated. Place the slaw evenly down the center of tortillas.
- Cut catfish into 1-inch chunks and arrange on top of the slaw. Serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- To cook these in a traditional oven, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place catfish fillets on a rimmed baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, then follow the instructions above.
- For more amazing taco recipes try our Try our Fast Taco Pie, our Meatball Street Tacos, or our Bean 'n' Veggie Soft Tacos!
- Want more catfish? You'll love our Catfish 'n' Biscuits, our Catfish 'n' Slaw, or our Fried Catfish!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!