Campfire Rainbow Trout Fillets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It doesn't matter whether you're all in the kitchen, the backyard, or by a mountain stream, they'll think they're sitting under the stars listening to the crackle of the campfire when you serve this!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 fresh or frozen trout fillets (about 4 ounces each), thawed if frozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
What to Do
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper, set aside.
- Place the beaten egg in another shallow bowl. Dip the trout fillets in the egg, then dredge in the flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; saute the fillets for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
For a different taste treat, I sometimes add a tablespoon of corn meal to the flour mixture.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One of the great thing about Brussels sprouts, is how many wonderful and versatile ways we can cook 'em up. Have you ever tried them pickled? Well, now's the time, with our Pickled Brussels Sprouts recipe! It's got the perfect combo of seasonings, along with just the right amount of tanginess! Chill 'em, serve 'em, and devour 'em!