Campfire Rainbow Trout Fillets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It doesn't matter whether you're all in the kitchen, the backyard, or by a mountain stream, they'll think they're sitting under the stars listening to the crackle of the campfire when you serve this!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 fresh or frozen trout fillets (about 4 ounces each), thawed if frozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
What to Do
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper, set aside.
- Place the beaten egg in another shallow bowl. Dip the trout fillets in the egg, then dredge in the flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; saute the fillets for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
For a different taste treat, I sometimes add a tablespoon of corn meal to the flour mixture.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.