Catfish with Bacon Stuffing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're serving up some good ol' Southern hospitality with our comforting Catfish with Bacon Stuffing recipe that'll give you a genuine taste of the south in every bite.
What You'll Need
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Paprika for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 6 tablespoons butter. Add celery, onion, carrot, garlic, salt, and pepper and saute 5 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Remove from heat and stir in bread crumbs and bacon.
- Evenly spoon mixture onto fish fillets, roll up jelly roll-style, and place seam side down in prepared baking dish. Brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.
There are so many ways to prepare catfish! For more recipes and ideas, click here!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Thanks to shortcuts like frozen puff pastry, we're able to make jaw-dropping pastries like our Raspberry Cream Danish. These are filled with a homemade cream cheese filling, which makes them extra-special. A raspberry in the center and a sprinkle of powdered sugar are the finishing touches to this bakery-style treat.