We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mr. Food's Citrus Trout adds just the right amount of tang to savory baked trout. This recipe is perfect for a family dinner - it's both nutritious and different.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (1/2-stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 trout fillets (about 2 pounds total) (see Note)
- 4 large lemons, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. In a shallow dish, combine the butter, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Dip the trout fillets in the butter mixture and place on large rimmed baking sheets. Sprinkle the parsley over the fish and top with lemon slices.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.
It's best to buy fresh trout from a fish market and keep the fish on ice till youre ready to prepare it. The sooner you make this after buying the fish, the better!
It's nice to garnish this with additional fresh chopped parsley just before serving.