Homestyle Tuna Croquettes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Croquettes are a crispy, old-fashioned favorite that come together in no time at all, and our recipe for Homestyle Tuna Croquettes is no exception. We combine canned tuna with some comforting ingredients, like mashed potatoes and a couple of veggies, to create this sensational dish!
What You'll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) can tuna, drained, flaked
- 1 1/2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine tuna, mashed potatoes, peas, onion, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, the mustard, egg, salt, and pepper; mix well. Shape mixture into 6 round patties.
- Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow dish; coat each patty completely.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Cook patties 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Serve immediately, or make ahead and rewarm in a low oven just before serving.
- To make our Lemon Dill Sauce which goes perfectly with these croquettes, in a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/3 cup sour cream, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Another yummy way to enjoy almost everyone's favorite, tuna, is our Best Ever Tuna Pasta Salad!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 297
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 2.2g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 18g 37 %
- Cholesterol 57mg 19 %
- Sodium 824mg 34 %
- Total Carbohydrates 24g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.3g 9 %
- Sugars 2.8g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.