Homestyle Tuna Croquettes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Croquettes are a crispy, old-fashioned favorite that come together in no time at all, and our recipe for Homestyle Tuna Croquettes is no exception. We combine canned tuna with some comforting ingredients, like mashed potatoes and a couple of veggies, to create this sensational dish!
What You'll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) can tuna, drained, flaked
- 1 1/2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine tuna, mashed potatoes, peas, onion, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, the mustard, egg, salt, and pepper; mix well. Shape mixture into 6 round patties.
- Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow dish; coat each patty completely.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Cook patties 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Serve immediately, or make ahead and rewarm in a low oven just before serving.
Test Kitchen Tip
- To make our Lemon Dill Sauce which goes perfectly with these croquettes, in a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/3 cup sour cream, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Another yummy way to enjoy almost everyone's favorite, tuna, is our Best Ever Tuna Pasta Salad!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Heading to a potlucj? Make sure to download our free eCookbook for some great recipes ideas!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 297
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 2.2g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 18g 37 %
- Cholesterol 57mg 19 %
- Sodium 819mg 34 %
- Total Carbohydrates 24g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.3g 9 %
- Sugars 2.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What could be better on a cold winter night than a skillet supper bursting with the hearty flavors of smoked sausage and cabbage? Nothing! And few can beat the ease of our Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage. This cabbage recipe is the perfect fill-you-up one-pot meal option for chilly autumn and winter evenings. Even the pickiest members of your family won't be able to resist this classic. The hearty combination of cabbage and sausage will keep you warm and satisfied, which is one of the reasons people love cabbage and sausage dinner recipes in the winter. Oh, it's so comforting!