Lemon-Butter Fish Fillets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This fish dinner is full of lip-smackin' goodness! From the crunchy, saltine cracker-coating to the amazing lemon-butter sauce, and the flaky, mild fish, every bite is sure to deliver lots of "yum!" Give our recipe for Lemon-Butter Fish Fillets a try - it'll only take you 15 minutes to make!
What You'll Need:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 sleeve Saltine crackers, crushed (about 40)
- 4 (6-ounce) U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. In another shallow dish, whisk buttermilk and egg. In a third shallow dish, place cracker crumbs.
- Dredge catfish in flour mixture, then dip in buttermilk mixture. Place in cracker crumbs, coating evenly on both sides.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Fry fish in batches 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and parsley; heat 2 minutes.
- Pour butter sauce over catfish and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 827
- Calories from Fat 447
- Total Fat 50g 76 %
- Saturated Fat 18g 89 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 36g 72 %
- Cholesterol 195mg 65 %
- Sodium 1,412mg 59 %
- Total Carbohydrates 57g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 5.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for a one-pot Classic Chicken Fricassee will make you feel good through and through. It's made to taste just like the kind you grew up eating, featuring yummy veggies like celery, onion, carrots, and mushrooms. We love it over curly noodles!